[Buddha-l] Re:From Hans Gruenig

Bernie Simon bsimon at toad.net
Sat Aug 6 15:11:01 MDT 2005

On Aug 6, 2005, at 2:00 PM, buddha-l-request at mailman.swcp.com wrote:

> I'd love to find contemporary texts that are,
> perhaps, the Buddhist-non-dual-awareness-discourse-equivalent of Lama
> Surya
> Das's "Awakening the Buddha Within" or Gunaratana's "Mindfulness in
> Plain
> English" -- that is, something clear, accessible, inspiring, poignant,
> evocative, practice oriented, non-sectarian, and not heavily laden with
> cultural trappings.  Do you have any book, article, chapter, or other
> recommendations?

Most of the stuff published by Rangjung Yeshe Publications is worth a
look. For a "classic" text, "Lamp of Mahamudra," by Tsele Natsok
Rangdrol is short and sweet. Thrangu Rinpoche has taught extensively on
mahamudra and I'm fond of his "Songs of Naropa."

----
I am just a loser geek
Crazy with an evil streak