[Buddha-l] beliefs

Baopiguy at comcast.net Baopiguy at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 12:02:22 MDT 2005

>  Belief in this way becomes a token of
>: solidarity and an indication of loyalty. If it's solidated we call it
>: 'faith'. This is a loyalty which I cannot change,  which is tied up with
>: my very existence.

When we were young we believed to a certainty that there was a real person
called "Santa Clause." However, as we grew older that same belief to a
certainty was switched to Jesus, Amidha Buddha (in China and Taiwan), Kwan
Yin (who originally was male and now is believed to a certainty to be
female), etc, etc.  Thus your loyalty - tied to your very existence - can
indeed change from moment to moment.

A belief is ONLY a belief.