[Buddha-l] life force vis a vis Xianity & Hinduism

Richard Hayes richard.p.hayes at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 11:36:39 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 12:13 -0400, SJZiobro at cs.com wrote:

> How does Buddhism account for the complexity of phenomena and their
> inter-relations other than by simply asserting a form of dependent co-
> origination?

What need is there to account for it? Dependent origination deals with
the central problem addressed by the Buddha, namely, the origination of
discontent. This problem can be solved rather easily. Other problems are
not of much importance from a Buddhist perspective.

> With regard to this discussion, how did the Onion parody relate to
> Buddhism?  Should the matter have been dropped there?

I have no idea what the Onion parody is.

--
Richard Hayes