[Buddha-l] What's wrong with a little Dharma?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Aug 31 08:49:16 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 05:56 -0400, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Unfortunately, bad example, Richard. Waco ended in a bloody mess, and if you
> think the preponderance of opinion amongst the Bible belters, southerners
> and red-staters is anti-Koresh or pro-govt., you need to do a little
> ethnographic exploration.

You never miss an opportunity to take things too seriously, do you?
Sorry, Dan, I was trying to make a little joke that had no more
substance to it than your fluffy quip about how chanting "Om" helped the
Tibetans keep the Chinese at bay.

In this, as in all things involving confrontation, I take my lead from
the story of Prince Dighavu.

> Folks who haven't lived down there have absolutely NO IDEA what the hell is
> going on in that part of the country.

Neither do many people who have lived there. Or so they tell me after
leaving.

--
Richard Hayes