[Buddha-l] Re: crazy wisdom

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Dec 4 13:47:42 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 08:52 -0700, Jim Peavler wrote:

> I am sorry, but I don't  approve of poetry, or music; or girl singers
> for that matter.

It's okay. Joni Mitchell is Canadian.

> You don't happen to have any Hank Williams on you do you?

I used to have some Hank Snow (another Canadian), but he was on vinyl,
along with my Hank Williams collection, and I no longer have any vinyl
albums. Would you settle for a CD of Gordon Lightfoot or Bruce Cockburn
(two more Canadians)?

By the way, my Buddhism-inspired anti-music period lasted for a little
less than two days and then under went a metamorphosis into a neo-
Puritan fit of anti-ritualism, which then transformed itself into a
short spell of neo-Vipassana iconoclasm. But I got over all that in due
course and am once again a walking museum of bad habits and even worse
attitudes.

--
Richard