[Buddha-l] Current state of study of early Buddhist schools?

Baopiguy at comcast.net Baopiguy at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 22:00:03 MST 2005

Richard is SO VERY CORRECT in his response. I was once asked to teach
a course on pre-and early Buddhist schools at the University if
Oriental Studies here in Los Angeles. Turned out I had two students,
an M.D. and a Buddhist master.

I spent about three half-to-full days each week preparing a
three-hour class which was 90% lecture since they had little
knowledge in the area and few questions. It was the most thankless
job I ever had.........I would never go through such hell again.

(By the way, I see you've given up the cold for the heat, Richard.
Hope I can visit you one day...or is this a guest professor situation?)

An Tzu