[Buddha-l] (no subject)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jun 1 05:36:59 MDT 2005

Erik writes: "Not at all, Richard, I agree. I´m not in
favour of a constructivist
world, nor of solipsism. There has been an interesting
discussion
between Rorty and Eco about interpretation and the book is
called ´Over
interpretation´ if my memory serves me right."

Thanks for the lead. I find both Rorty and Eco very
interesting, and since I am currently up to my ears in a
project of trying to translate into English a very
difficult Sanskrit text in which almost every sentence
stubbornly refuses to yield its meaning without a fight, I
am ripe for intelligent discussion about what is involved
in interpretation.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy