[Buddha-l] Lane letter

Fort, Andrew A.Fort at tcu.edu
Wed Jun 1 10:39:18 MDT 2005

As much as I don't want to get involved with this, Lane's last post riled me sufficiently to respond.  Mr. Lane seems to mistake what is appropriate in the classroom with what is appropriate on an on-line forum for scholars and others interested in Buddhism.  My politics track closely with Richard's, but that's not what the university employs me for, so that's not what I teach.  I have more conversative colleagues who teach as I do, but vent to different audiences than I do.
	But, hey, I'm part of what the Bush team contempuously calls the "reality based" community.  Andy Fort