[Buddha-l] Retreats?

Nyigmu at wmconnect.com Nyigmu at wmconnect.com
Wed Jun 1 13:34:22 MDT 2005

In a message dated 6/1/2005 12:20:59 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jehms at xs4all.nl writes:

> The first ones to run after the money where the teachers however.
> Especially the Tibetans wnated to by land and build stupas everwhere.

Yes and as its said that in a land with many stupas the people turn peaceful.
 There are over 50 stupas in this rocky mountain area alone. And more rising
every day.   And as it is a visual symbolic representation for the three kayas
how could it not plant good seeds?   In light of how easy it is for us to
verbally and physically harm each other...realativisticly is this not a good
thing?  The demons have always been perceived as the ones bent on warefare and
destruction of others no matter what their rational.   And in case you haven't
noticed what the Tibetans are up to is pretty amazing, they are establishing
monastaries and teaching colleges across the nation, something that in this and
all times requires patronage.

I was just at Crestone Co.  a retreat haven.  The Tibetan VajraVidya is only
1/3 complete and an amazing facility, cost at 35$ a night.  They also still
need near 800,000$ to finish.  They are accepting retreatants.  And Kagyu
prophetic rumor has it that 42 mahasiddhas will realize in those rocky mountains.
The other centers there are phenomenal as well.  Ironically its at the navajo
east mountain, which is also the opening in their 4 directional mandalas.

Caught up in the winds and concepts it all looks like crap or something
equally desirable. Setteling down and not destroying everything in sight when it
stirs us up it takes on a different flavor.  Think about Trungpa, if he had been
pure none of those wild parting hippies would be buddhist today.