[Buddha-l] Re: Abhisamayalamkara

Bill Kish wdkish81 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 18:44:15 MDT 2005

Jim Blumenthal:

> Alex Naughton also did a translation of one of Haribhadra's
> commentaries under the title, Classic Mahayana Soteriology.
> It was published in Japan.  I just moved and my books are it
> boxes, but I can look up the complete reference if you like.
> I think it was basically his dissertation from Wisconsin.

His translation also appeared in the "Shin Buddhist Comprehensive
Research Institute Annual Memoirs 9" under the title "Haribhadra
and his Sphut.aartha" (this is Haribhadra's small commentary on
the AA).  Naughton's translation is not complete, however.  He
only translated the first seven chapters so as to avoid the
controversies concerning the nature of the Dharmakaya.  But since
the latter subject is the main focus of Makransky's book, the two
works compliment each other nicely.

---------
Bill Kish