[Buddha-l] Re: New trans. of petry of the Sixth DL

Richard Nance richard.nance at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:02:30 MDT 2005

Curt wrote:

> So when a Christian Buddhologist decides to produce yet
> another book about the sixth Dalai Lama's drunken womanizing I go "aha!".

For comparative purposes, you might want to have a look at the following:

Sorensen, Per. 1990. _Divinity secularized : an inquiry into the
nature and form of the songs ascribed to the sixth Dalai Lama_.
Vienna: Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien (Wiener
Studien zur Tibetologie und Buddhismuskunde Heft 25).

I haven't yet seen Williams' book, but I found Sorensen's interesting
and useful when I read it a few years back. The book isn't readily
available in bookstores (or, for that matter, in many university
libraries), but if your library has an ILL service, they ought to be
able to find a copy for you.

Best,

R. Nance