[Buddha-l] New trans. of poetry of the Sixth DL

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Jun 24 18:34:13 MDT 2005

I would definitely not go so far as to say that Williams
in any way "concealed" his conversion to Christianity.
In fact, he has written a whole book about it.

Let me end by saying that "Buddhist Thought" is a great
book - I will reread it many times. I have only recently started
"Mahayana Buddhism" and it looks to be even better. "Buddhist
Thought" is especially good on the question of "Buddhist
Ontology" - what Buddhists believe "really" exists. Its almost
impossible to write about ontology - its like trying to sculpt water.
But somehow Williams manages to do it in a way that is, if you'll
pardon the expression, "enlightening". And I definitely plan to
read the book he wrote specifically about his conversion experience.
I'll bet its fascinating - probably should be required reading for
all western buddhists.

- Curt