[Buddha-l] consciousness

StormyTet at aol.com StormyTet at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 21:17:03 MDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the welcome. As I mentioned before I am looking at the  impact
of computer mediated communication on consciousness. In the course  of my
research I am meeting all kinds of interesting folks who appear to be  exhibiting
a lot signs of altered states of consciousness via internet  interactions.

Having recently read Ken Wilber's work on the psychopathologies of the
higher states of consciousness and also his pre/trans fallacy (concerning
regressive and progressive states of consciousness mimicking each other), I am
feeling that I need to get a good intellectual grounding in terms of what the
buddhist traditions talk about in terms of consciousness integration and the
problems that can arise. Does anybody have a suggestion as to where to  begin?

I actually found the Tibeten Book of the Dead somewhat helpful, but I am
hoping for some clear cut commentary.

Thank you,

Stormy Tetreau