[Buddha-l] Obituary: The Age of Aquarius

d f tweney dylan20 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:48:10 MDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Michel Clasquin <clasqm at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> > BOB DYLAN TO RELEASE ALBUM THROUGH STARBUCKS
>
> Well, as ol' Bob himself said in a recent song, "I used to care, but
> things have changed".

Come, now -- Bob Dylan has always cared about selling albums,
otherwise none of us would have heard of him. If you want to sell
things, you need to put them where people are buying. And lots of
people are buying music at Starbucks. How is this any different than
selling music at the Wherehouse, or Barnes & Noble? At least you can
get a good cup of coffee along with your CD.

If someone found a way to get Starbucks to carry copies of the
Dhammapada, it would mean that perhaps more people could read it. It
wouldn't mean that the Buddha had sold out.

dylan f. tweney    dylan at tweney.com
mag:  http://www.mobilemagazine.com
blog:       http://dylan.tweney.com
haiku:         http://tinywords.com