[Buddha-l] Buddhist ethics in a contemporary world

gary gach ggg at well.com
Tue Mar 8 12:56:42 MST 2005

> Hi Gary,
>
>> "Economic immigration" = ?
>
> MIgration because of bad economic circumstances, like, people leaving
> their country to make a living elsewhere.

Hi Stefan.

Thank you for clarifying 'economic imigration.'

The Internet can seem to erase boundaries of space as well as time, so
I might clarify that I'm writing from America, whose indigenous
population was pushed onto reservations by immigrant leaving their
country to make a living elsewhere; sometimes due to economic reasons,
religious motivation other times.  Over time, these immigrants would
then become a new minority as new immigrants would arrive.

So the question has a particular resonance in America that it might not
in a country where, say, the indigenous population has remained
dominant.

In general, I think your questions might find pointed answers by
offering a "for-instance" or existential situational example, for
discussion.  (This is not a judgment; just a suggestion.)

       You are a divine elephant with amnesia
                 trying to live in an ant hole.
                                   Hafiz, Persia, 1320 - 1389

Gary Gach  http;//word.to