[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhism and dana, church and charity

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Mar 8 18:48:47 MST 2005

On Tuesday, March 8, 2005, Sally McAra wrote:

> I  don't quite know what Benito means by Buddhism being a "disaster"
> in Spain ...do you mean it is more "navel-gazing" than compassion in
> action?

   I mean insane people playing roles of eccentric-theatrical masters.
I  mean  orgies.  I mean navel-gazing. I mean sayings as "Tibetans are
clowns,"  "Zen  people  are  stupid,"...  I  mean, "You can't practice
Buddhism  because  you  are  too  fat  for the lotus posture." I mean,
"Buddhism has nothing to do with ethics."

   All this is quite sad for me.

   Best wishes,