Fw: [Buddha-l] Kaufman's Karmic Theodiocy

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Mar 11 13:30:29 MST 2005

> In the Catholic Encyclopedia we find:
> "The first and most important task of theodicy is to prove the existence
of God."

> (This from the same source which defines Buddhism as a "religious,
monastic system, founded c. 500 B.C. on the basis of pantheistic
Brahminism.")

> Poor Kaufman is confused on three counts. His understanding of karma is
clearly minimal; he applies Catholic aims and terminology to an aspect of
very different systems; and he thinks he can talk his way out a paper bag.

> Malcolm Dean
> Hollywood
Amen, brother. Every time I see words like theodicy, I think of
but do not reach for my gun.

Joanna
Heaven