[Buddha-l] Ethics and the four way test

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Mon Mar 14 13:09:34 MST 2005

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> This reminds me of one of my favourite Mort Sahl jokes about Unitarians:
> "Unitarians, they're the ones who believe that Moses came down off the
> mountain with tablets on which were inscribed The Ten Suggestions."

Now that reminds ME of a scene from Mel Brooks' "History of the World,
Part I":

Moses comes down from the mountain carrying three tablets: "Hear O
Israel, I bring you these fifteen ..."

<One tablet slips from his grasp and shatters on the ground>

"... TEN commandments!"

> The Buddha also said "I never speak an untruth, even in jest." If that
> is not an extremist position, I've never heard one.

Uhh, a positive expression of the Liar's Paradox, maybe?

<Michel gets hit by a bolt of lightning for even suggesting such an impiety>