[Buddha-l] Ethics

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 14 14:06:59 MST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Michel Clasquin wrote:

> You yourself referred to the "loving relationships" of the coyotes.
> Love is a concept. I said "CONCEPT", inherently ingrained and evolved
> in the brains of humans (maybe some animals for all I know). But it
> requires a "judgment" on the event that can almost never be the same
> for all possible persons or groups judging the event... Do I really
> need to go on here?

Gee, I am sorry. I completely misunderstood. By "loving", by the way, I
used it as a word that is commonly used to describe a caring
relationship between two or more sentient beings. Within the context
that I was speaking (and which, by the way, was defined in advance) I
was only speaking to others of the same or similar understanding, and
not to you at all.

> > I am sorry. I have a hard time understanding either fairness or truth
> > except as relative to the point of view of the participants.
>
> Is relativity true, then? And were you being fair to us participants?

I had no intention of being fair. I am a coyote. Don't hesitate!