[Buddha-l] Prof. Guenther, may he RIP

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Apr 9 10:15:43 MDT 2006

Interesting..............
Yes, in the case of "mood", it can also be generally (since mood is a general temperamental or emotionally loaded tone ) either positive or negative.
Perhaps cetika could better be rendered as "general" rather than "abstract."

I do not think that language recognizes the possibiity of an " indifferent mood." Mood has to be either positive or negative. Indifference describes an attitude more than a mood, since there presumably is no feeling (or emotion) with indifference.
Best,
Joanna