[Buddha-l] Indus seals

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Apr 10 22:17:48 MDT 2006

See these for the unrealiablty of the sponsors of this site, HPI (an extreme
Hindutva outfit): from http://www.safarmer.com/downloads/
4.1-4.3. Papers on Hindutva (extreme Hindu nationalism) manipulations of
history: The famous 'Horseplay in Harappa' incident (2000):

The following articles, accompanied by comments by Romila Thapar, Asko
Parpola, Iravatham Mahadevan, Richard Meadow, and other researchers, can all
be accessed through Horseplay in Harappa:

  4.1. Michael Witzel and Steve Farmer, Horseplay in Harappa: The Indus
Valley Decipherment Hoax, Frontline 17 (19) (13 Oct. 2000): 4-11.
  4.2. Michael Witzel and Steve Farmer, New Evidence on the 'Piltdown Horse'
Hoax, Frontline  17 (23) (24 Nov. 2000): 126-129. See also associated
articles on pp., 122-26, collectively entitled A Tale of Two Horses. 4.3.
Hindi translation of Michael Witzel and Steve Farmer, Horseplay in Harappa,
with a supporting editorial by Romila Thapar (New Delhi, 2001).