[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 4 07:47:03 MST 2006

Jim Peavler schreef:

> So, prove that we are dreaming our lives and I will buy you a
> vegetarian pizza.

Nobody can force you to accept anything as a proof, but maybe this comes
close.
Something real can only exist in time. So time must be real. Only the
present moment exists however. The past is only what we remember and the
future is what we expect to happen. Time without past and present cannot
exist, therefore time doesn't exist, so nothing exists.
In a more positive way several philosophers (a.o. Eliade, Husserl and
Bourdieu) have stressed that we make time by thinking back and thinking
ahead. So we do indeed dream our lifes (together).

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms