[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Blasphemy

Braitstein Lara larabraitstein at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 14:33:03 MST 2006

Hello all,

there's a little paragraph in the description of
"Buddha-l" as a discussion forum that goes like this:

"Buddha-l is not to be used for proselytizing for or
against Buddhism in general, any particular form of
Buddhism, or any other religion or philosophy, nor is
it to be used as a forum for making unsubstantiable
confessions of personal conviction. Lively debate is
welcome, but we aim for a deep concern both for the
matter being discussed and for those participating in
the conversation."

What I've been reading on this thread is making me ill
- your prejudices have been made evident, now please
keep them off this list.

In the interest of scholarly discussion,

Lara Braitstein
McGill University