[Buddha-l] Why some messages bounce

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Feb 7 09:52:53 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 09:39 -0700, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> If you use AOL or gmail, it is especially important to follow the
> standard e-mail etiquette of trimming out all of the message you are
> responding to except the little bit necessary to establish context.

This general rule is true for everyone, not just those who use AOL and
gmail. For example, I just read a message that weighed in at 5K. It
consisted of a one-word response to a long message that itself contained
another longish message. No one-word message should take up 5K of
bandwidth and archival storage space.

--
Richard Hayes
***