[Buddha-l] Question of rebounced mail on Pali chronology

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Tue Feb 7 13:01:34 MST 2006

Last week one of my posts (one in which I was actually serious) did
not show up until two days after I had sent it. I do not know why.
Since I am actually the owner of the list (i.e., I pay the bill) I
know the moderator would not be so bold as to hold my missive (which
is probably the only reason my posts are allowed at all).

Some folks are awfully nervous about being able to read their stuff
as soon as they submit it (I know I am), and jump to the conclusion
that they are being picked on. Now anybody who knows this particular
moderator we have knows that he would not just trash your epistle
without comment. If you are really off the wall he might return it to
you with his comments and explanation. If he really doesn't like you
very much (which is a rare occurrence) he will make sure your wisdom
gets posted and he will trash it there in front of everybody.

Or so I suppose.