[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhism and blasphemy

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Wed Feb 8 06:23:48 MST 2006

On Wednesday, February 8, 2006, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

Idea 1:

> If all you have to say is something about the culture
> clash   between   conservative  Muslims  and  liberal
> Europeans [...] then consider posting it elsewhere.

Idea 2:

> Of  course,  if  you  can  work  in  a  slur  against
> Republicans or Canadian Conservatives, the moderators
> will  give  you  some latitude, since criticizing the
> values  of  neo-conservatives  is  an indirect way of
> upholding the values of Buddhism.

   Should I assume that criticisms against the GOP will
be welcome? Are you suggesting that those who voted for
President  Bush  are  not  Buddhist? Are you suggesting
that  those  who  voted  for  pro-abortion are the only
Buddhists  around? Do you think this is the right place
to  make  such remarks (specially after having asked to
publish  them  in  another forum)? Can't we discuss the
clash between peoples from a Buddhist view?

   Best wishes,

   Beni