[Buddha-l] Buddha-L & censorship

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 11 19:10:29 MST 2006

Gang,

I was sorry to read Richard Hayes's response to Stephen Hodge's
reasonable request in the matter of Dan Lusthaus's situation:

>> I also deplore this situation and hope that a public explanation might
>> be forthcoming from the moderators.
>
> Deplore to your heart's content, if you feel it will benefit yourself
> or
> other sentient beings.

Given the importance to the list of the seemingly permanent alienation
of one of its most faithful and informed members, I see such a response
as inadequate. I don't mean to judge the actions of the moderators, but
from what few facts I'm aware of, the matter is serious and warrants
explanation, at the least.

Can we look forward to it? (And I do hope that question doesn't simply
engender, mutatis mutandis, a response such as was given Stephen.)

Hopefully,

Franz Metcalf
(who was just reading Jane Austen, this afternoon, and prays pardon for
its effects upon his expression)