[Buddha-l] PRABHU'S WEB PAGE ON INDIAN COINAGE

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Feb 13 20:44:57 MST 2006

http://prabhu.50g.com/index.html Fascinating website on ancient coins of
Indo-Greeks, Sakas and Parthians, etc on to the Guptas and beyond........the
Kushanas represented the Buddha and Buddha-Maitreya on some of their coins,
along with many other deities.
http://prabhu.50g.com/indogrek/igrk_cat3.html  On this page some clear
coinage representations of the famous King Menander, of Milindapanha fame.

Some folks on the list might enjoy poring over these fragments of ancient
history.
I did....only experts can vouch for the accuracy of some of the descriptive
information on this site, unfortunately I cannot.
Joanna K.