[Buddha-l] Anyone up for another year?

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 5 09:14:48 MST 2006

On Jan 1, 2006, at 8:51 PM, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

>  When Louisville decided to stop hosting all e-mail discussion
> groups not related to academic courses taught at University of
> Louisville, our long-time subscriber Jim Peavler made arrangements to
> set up buddha-l at a commercial site in Albuquerque. All of us who
> enjoy
> participating, actively or passively, in discussions at the new
> site owe
> Jim a big round of applause for financing this operation. Thank you,
> Jim! On behalf of all subscribers, I wish you and your spunky spouse a
> happy and healthy 2006.

Thank you for the thank you! Unfortunately you have blown my cover
and I will have to go into hiding in another state. You DO realize,
of course, that President Bush has had his minions spying on Buddha-
l, taking down names of the perps. (Kidding aside, they have
apparently actually wiretapped some outfits I belong to, who have
issued warnings to folks who participate in their activities: Quakers
and the League of American Bicyclists,  just to mention a couple you
might think they would not be on the short list of people to spy on.

I basically agree with Dr. Hayes in many of his views of the current
state of affairs, and, I am afraid, I have sometimes contributed to
inflaming him just to enjoy his diatribes. I doubt very much that has
muse can be shut up as easily as he seems to believe. After all, he
has already admitted to listening to music again.