[buddha-l] it's not about belief

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Sat Jan 7 07:25:26 MST 2006

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

>On this we agree. Indeed, I believe what started this whole discussion
>was my observing just that. Where we disagree is on the point of whether
>Christianity has a monopoly on intolerance.

I don't know why you keep on bringing up Monopoly. A much better game
analogy is basketball. You see, basketball is a rough game, and its not
uncommon for a player to throw an elbow when he or she thinks no one is
watching. But if there are suddenly multiple players lying dead and
dying on the floor in pools of their own blood, then it is only natural
to assume that the player standing there for everyone to see with a
submachine screaming "kill 'em all!" is probably the guilty party.

- Curt