[Buddha-l] Eckhart Tolle

Vaj vajranatha at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 05:52:08 MST 2006

Good Morning Ron:

Eckhart Tolle is typical of the new and rising trend in neo-advaita
and pseudo-advaita.

I have attended several of his students satsangs held by students who
claimed to be awakened and found it very disturbing. This not
Dzogchen nor is it Advaita Vedanta, it's a dangerous deviation and
distortion of traditional teachings on Non-duality.

Interestingly, almost weekly this one satsang claims more people have
become "enlightened". Yet the gray experience they describe is little
more than the grayness of their own vasanas. Sadly few of them even
know what that means let alone what it represents. An interesting
highlight of one of these meetings was an attempt by one of the
"enlightened" to explain the permanent, non-dual state from the POV
of the two truths...it would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Steve Feite
Bucksport, Maine

On Jan 8, 2006, at 7:07 PM, ronleifer at aol.com wrote:

> I enthusiastically agree. I particularly recommend his most recent
> book "A New Earth" which is naked dzog chen -- and surpassingly
> brilliant
>
> Ron Leifer

<snip>