[Buddha-l] In Praise of Eckhart Tolle

Vaj vajranatha at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 11 09:19:29 MST 2006

Good Morning Ron:

On Jan 11, 2006, at 8:53 AM, RonLeifer at aol.com wrote:

Because the Advaita Vedantists discovered this does not make Tolle a
neo-adviata.

What would class him as "neo-advaita" would not be because he is a
new form of advaita vedanta, but simply because he teaches a non-dual
form--or claims to teach--a non-dual form of realization.

In my view, Enlightenment is irrelevant.
The search for Enlightenment is one more ego trip.
No one can live in a non-dual state of mind.

Yet Dzogchenpas seem to get by fine, even practicing non-dual
meditation, eyes open--as do the practitioners of the non-dual
"bhairava-mudra" in Kashmirian anuttara-tantra.

I experienced this state under the guidance of a certified
Shankarcharya Advaitist,  Agehananda Bharati, of whom some of you may
know.

Would love to hear more about your experiences with him!

It was wonderful, remarkable, memorable.
But there is nothing I can say about it that would capture the
experience.
When you are in it, you have lost yourself completely
And do not know you are in it
As soon as you realize you are in it, you are out of it.
No one can live in that state.

I guess that depends what you mean by "no one". :-)

Have you been to a neo-advaitin satsang?

-Steve Feite