[Buddha-l] gorgeous sung version of Heart Sutra

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Thu Jan 12 08:05:08 MST 2006

Hi,

Dante Rosati wrote:

> over at E-Sangha there is a hilarious discussion (running at this point to
> several hundred posts) about Geshe(?) M. Roach's qualifications (or lack
> thereof) as a mahasiddhi, his and his girlfriend's uses of his vajra,
> whether he should give his robes back or merely iron them once in awhile,
> etc:

I don't know what it is with this forum. We seem so suspicious or
envious of successful teachers (Tolle, GMR, a Havana smoking Vivekananda
etc.), selling their books by truckloads, that we feel the need to laugh
at their realisations while downplaying enlightenment, saying it is
irrelevant or an ego trip. Now here we see two spiritual partners
beaming with happiness, teaching a method
(http://www.world-view.org/aci/online/onlineformal.html) that can lead
others to the very same realisation allowing them to bloom and beam just
like their mentors. They show through their living exemple that
enlightenment exists and that methodology works.

Is it a coincidence that many of us here downplaying enlightenment,
non-dual states (that they can only keep up for a couple of minutes
followed by longer spiritual refractory periods), methodology, the
qualities of enlightened teachers (which are downgraded to
"projections"), the success and popularity that inevitably follow genuin
spiritual realisation etc. are a bunch of disappointed old farts that
broke their teeth on various methods, therapies, schools, religions and
nearing the end of their lives try to come to a positive evaluation of
it, by convincing themselves that they have made some progress because
now they expect it all was a lot of prapanca?

> http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?showtopic=9832
>
> On it was posted the link to the Diamond Mountain blog:
>
> http://diamondmountain.blogspot.com/
>

> https://www.dmes.org/dmu/audiofiles/Kirtan04-HS.mp3

Very nice indeed. Thank you for posting the link.

Joy