[Buddha-l] gorgeous sung version of Heart Sutra

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Sat Jan 14 02:33:36 MST 2006

Stephen Hodge wrote:

>> And anyway, ugly Sanskrit is cool as long as it is Sanskrit (even
>> though the Maha-Vairocana-Abhisambodhi Tantra probably disagrees).

> I'm impressed !   What a good memory you have.

The wise words of the usual contributors to this list are like soma to
me, how could I forget them? A friend of mine, a wine connoisseur, keeps
a little notebook, in which he notes down what wines he drunk, at what
occasion, in whose company etc. It apparently helps to remember better
the taste and characteristics of a wine. Information shared during
lively intelligent discussions happens to mark my memory better. An
insult slipped in here or there has a similar effect.

> As for the Brassens' lyrics you quote, I thought they had something of
> the Francois Villon about them.

Yes, they do. He wrote many good down to earth and yet poetical lyrics.

BTW I am male.

Joy.