[Buddha-l] Sense and sensibility was: American Mahayana/British Theravada?

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Jan 18 03:15:57 MST 2006

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> (I would have delivered this stern linguistic reprimand in a more harsh
> manner, Joy, but I always try to be polite to women.)

I appreciate it. I am glad I gaffed in the midst of friends who correct
me kindly, patiently and discretely.
I take it then you agree on the general gist of the point I tried to make?

> I think she sees it as the story of my life, closing the door
> on sages.

Do you keep a record of them (à la the Red Baron)? When walking into a
meditation hall, experienced oldtime meditators could be recognised by
the sages they closed doors on, marked on their robe.
That would be my dream, walking into a meditation hall with assistants
that take off my robe before I sit down after a bit of warming up
(http://store.titleboxing.com/srfl.html).