[Buddha-l] Re: +AFs-Buddha-l+AF0- Sense and sensibility

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 16:33:58 MST 2006

Richard P. Hayes wrote

> If you meditate robelessly, you will be wanting the sash (or the badge-
> festooned loin cloth) for sure. Otherwise, how will anyone know which
> level of insight you have attained?

By robeless, I assume you mean in one's birthday suit.  It would seem
therefore that tattoos would be the answer, although those who have not yet
reached the irreversible level might be advised to think twice.  Cicatrices
and branding might also make interesting badges of attainment in several
ways -- certainly as a way of deterring some of the less desirable claimants
to success.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge