[Buddha-l] American Mahayana/British Theravada?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 18 18:53:17 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 19:57 -0500, Bernie Simon wrote:

> I'm definitely seeing the Padmasambhava movie. Plenty of opportunities
> for sex and gore. But the role of Padmasambhava was *made* for Steven
> Seagal.

You're right. De Niro is too wimpy for the role. Maybe when we make a
film of the life of Gotama (with Anthony Hopkins in the title role and
Jim Carrey in the role of Ananda), we could get De Niro to play
Devadatta, unless you think that Arabic actor al-Pacino would be better
suited. (As for Ambapali, I'm still undecided whether to give the part
to Brittney Spears or Paris Hilton.)

--
Steven Spielberg