[Buddha-l] Non-violence, Kleenex-style

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 19 12:23:14 MST 2006

Andy et al.,

Thanks for that url. That was, indeed, an enlightening commercial,
revealing that ad-executives (whom I had always thought were
icchantikas) now know what most other Americans have understood for
years. We Americans insist that Buddhists have actually always been
Jains, strictly practicing kiriy~{(!~}v~{(!~}da, including a pure vegetarian diet
and absolute pacifism. This is why there have never been any Buddhist
wars, sangha kitchens must produce only bland tofu dishes, and
dharma-followers must--without, of course, harming them--remove the
current executive administration from office (and Iraq).

While we're at it, isn't it about time we remove right intention from
the eightfold path?

Cheers,

Franz Metcalf