[Buddha-l] Re:American Mahayana/British Theravada?

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Fri Jan 20 02:21:56 MST 2006

Dear Steven,

> What was "fatal" about May's lecture in Vienna in 1912?

I was quoting. It was the year he died, so I expect there is a link. The
website I cited reads:
"May died on March 30, 1912 in Radebeul. He had suffered from a severe
case of pneumonia in 1911, and _against his doctor's orders_ he had made
a trip to Vienna, where he had spoken before the academy for literature
and music."

So he must have had a problem during the speech at which Hitler assisted.

Joy

http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/karlmay.htm