[Buddha-l] Re: Jesus is Buddha?

Dante Rosati dante at interport.net
Mon Jan 23 11:29:43 MST 2006

OMG what a can of worms. The strange thing is, what led me to google Lindtner was I was reading though his articles in Potter's Enclyclopedia vol. 8, where he does the MMK and some other N. texts. Now, this was published in 1999, so it makes me wonder: Does Potter not care about Lindtner's "other interests"? Does he figure "well, the guy knows his Nagarjuna, what he does as a hobby is none of my business"?

Isn't studying and thinking about Madhyamaka supposed to be good for you? Isn't it supposed to lead to a deeper understanding of reality?

Anti-semitism and holocaust denial are pretty reliable markers for mental illness, expecially when they appear in educated westerners (I doubt that anti-semitic Iranian farmers are mentally ill, just poorly informed). But then I wonder, is it possible for someone so mentally ill to be a reliable scholar of Nagarjuna and Madhyamaka philosophy? Could one be clearheaded enough to follow Nagarjuna's arguments, and then put on an SS uniform to go party? It kinda boggles the mind, n'est pas?

Dante