[Buddha-l] Jesus is Buddha?

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Tue Jan 24 14:39:27 MST 2006

We also know for a dead certainty that the Buddha did not intend for
there to exist static written copies of his exact words. Such an idea
either never occurred to him - or it did and he said "nope". This
implies that those who have been "interpreting" the Buddha's teachings
have, in fact, been doing exactly what he intended people to do. And
those who have been trying to determine, and arguing over, exactly what
he said are not thinking very clearly. Even worse would be those who try
to use what's written in the Sutras/Suttas "against" various teachings
that have (apparently) evolved over time.

I apologize for pointing out the obvious - I don't want anyone to think
that I think that I am saying anything new or astounding her.
- Curt