[Buddha-l] gong xi fa chai!

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jan 27 11:03:50 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 09:48 -0500, Malcolm Smith wrote:

> It depends however on which one-- as we all know, being 12/13 is terrible.
> But 24/25, etc. is not so bad, 60/61 and 72/73 are held to be pretty bad.

I must not have been paying attention to what the Tibetan astrologers
were saying. For me 12/13 was wonderful, 24/25 and 36/37 were among the
worst years of my life, and 60/61 has been the best year of my life. Who
knows whether I'll live to see how things are 12 years from now.

> Generally, it is a good year not to start anything new.

Good heavens, how on earth can one avoid starting something new?

I'm beginning to get the impression that Chinese and Tibetan astrology
as every bit as useless as their Western counterparts. But maybe I'm
just recovering from a bad rang-lo.

--
Richard Hayes
***