[Buddha-l] Re: Core teachings

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Jan 30 15:06:05 MST 2006

On Monday, January 30, 2006, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> I admire the strength of you statement on this matter
> (although  I  doubt it was strong enough to penetrate
> the  thick  armor  worn by the Spanish conquistadores
> who   seem   intent   on  bringing  their  peculiarly
> narrow-minded  brand  of  Buddhism to the New World),
> and  I  suggest we break open a bottle of Wild Turkey
> next time you visit civilization.

   I  don't  find productive to dialog whith people who
are  using  the  kind of language that you have used in
this  post,  so I'm not going to reply you. However I'm
going  to  provide  a link to an interesting article by
Bhikkhu  Bodhi  (whom  I admire for his scholarship and
ways) titled "Dhamma Without Rebirth?",

<http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/bodhi/bps-essay_06.html>.

   Best wishes,

   Beni