[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Jan 30 16:14:23 MST 2006

On Monday, January 30, 2006, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

>> maybe  still  you  can  remember your defence of the
>> nervous system as the cause of the arising of -self.

> No, I have never held such a view.

   Probably,  Vicente  is  referring  to  the following
words of you (Aug 30, 2003):

      What  I said was that consciousness lasts as long
      as   its  conditions  are  present.  One  of  the
      conditions  necessary  for  the  continuations of
      consciousness is a living central nervous system.
      When  a  body  dies,  its  central nervous system
      fails  to function, and consciousness disappears.
      (Richard Hayes, "Re: [BUDDHA-L] About Dukkha")

   Best wishes,

   Beni