[Buddha-l] Thinking causally

Malcolm Dean malcolmdean at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:48:08 MST 2006

In a recent response to the debate on authority in Buddhism, I read:
"We have to think causally, because we're looking at processes in
space and time."

May I recommend to everyone Prof. Alicia Juarrero's amazing work
Dynamics in Action (MIT Press). If you have access to MIT's COGNET,
the full text is available for viewing online.

Buddhist thinkers can profit greatly from her investigation of
causality - and no, I won't summarize it here, I want you to be so
curious that you actually read some of it!

Be Well & Happy,

Malcolm Dean
Los Angeles CA
malcolmdean-at-gmail.com

Recent Lectures/Publications:
"Outline of Cognitive Thermodynamics," SCTPLS, August 5, 2005
"Cognitive Thermodynamics in Culture & Religion," SSSR, Oct 22, 2004
"General Theory of Cognitive Systems," UCLA CAG, May 13, 2004
Los Angeles Times, Op-Ed, April 8, 2004
http://www.com.washington.edu/rccs/bookinfo.asp?ReviewID=288&BookID=232
DesktopLinux.com, O'Reilly.com
www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/228
www.desktoplinux.com/ (search by name)
Former News Editor, Maximum Linux, XML Journal
Former Principal Editor, UCLA