[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:07:24 MST 2006

Stephen Hodge wrote:

SH> Also there is a lot of confusion about the standard 12 nidanas, because most
SH> people (past and present) are unaware that it is a rather clumsy conflation
SH> of two separate processes intended to account for suffering, one perceptual
SH> and the other what we might term existential.

I hope not to be offensive but I think it is not in that way.
There are not two processes but just one deceptive thought.
12 nidanas doesn't have a beginning or an end. Then it is as seeing a
car running in the road. We have a causal explanation of the movement
of the car, from combustion until movement. Although when we are
seeing the car in movement, we cannot check the causal relation
between one part and the previous one. Because all them are working at
same time.

If now we would be able to see this, who is thinking   himself would be
impossible to conceive. Because our -self is this car in movement and
it is the own nature of the self.
Only from/to the cease somebody would be aware of the causality.
Precisely because in such point there is an awareness becoming from or
going to that cease.

best regards,