[Buddha-l] Dhammapada

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 10:02:14 MDT 2006

Hi,

  I am looking for the commentary to the Dhammapada. I have with me Buddhist Legends by Eugene Watson Burlingame. However, I find this translation too archaic.

  I am thinking of getting The Dhammapada by John Ross Carter and Mahinda Palihawadana.

  I understand that it includes the commentary. Is it true? The price make it sonds too good to be true.

  Some reviews from Amazon.com:

"In addition to the text, this translation includes line-by-line translations of the earliest Sri Lankan commentaries on the Dhammapada."

  "The layout of the book is of three parts:
Introduction, The Text and the Text With Transliteration and Commentary."

  Best wishes,
  Rahula