[Buddha-l] Natural lucidity for all, a Buddhist dream

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Sat Sep 2 19:35:51 MDT 2006

On the other hand it could be that people who are naturally prone to
lucid dreaming are also drawn to video games - in other words, the cause
and effect could be exactly the opposite of what everyone seems to be
assuming. Intuitively this seems more likely than the absurd idea that
playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has some spiritual or psychological
benefit - or really any measurable effects whatsoever other than carpal
tunnel syndrome.

It could also be that some psychologists will do anything for a buck,
and that a couple of hucksters like Gackenbach and LaBerge have made
some kind of sweet deal with Nintendo to do for them what "biochemical
researchers" have been doing for the pharmaceutical industry (providing
free publicity in the guise of "science"). After all, the American
Psychological Association won't even prohibit it's members from aiding
and abetting torture. This is actually true - here's a little reading
material: http://www.counterpunch.org/bond08232006.html.

- Curt