[Buddha-l] Buddhism and the "status quo"

Timothy Smith smith at wheelwrightassoc.com
Thu Sep 21 12:34:06 MDT 2006

  I don't think we can conflate anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism,
Dan.   In some respects, Ahmadjinedad and Chavez are saying what many
are thinking, that the US' approach
to working with others, whether friend or foe, has failed.  I think
Chavez isn't too far off the mark when he calls Bush "The Devil".
He certainly is bedeviling the US Constitution, the majority of our
long-term allies, and the international community at large, where his/
our public esteem is at an all-time low.  Further, rather than having
dealt with the issue
at hand following 9/11, we've now managed to inspire a whole new
generation of anti-American (Anti-Israeli) terrorists.

As far as fascism is concerned, I think we're in greater danger right
here, right now, than we are from islamo-fascists abroad.  I have no
use for them either, but
I feel far more threatened by Bush, Frist, Hastert than I do by the
Iranian people, whom BushCo. appears to have zeroed in on as their
next target.

Timothy Smith
Wheelwright Associates
www.wheelwrightassoc.com