[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhism & War

Tom Head tom at tomhead.net
Fri Sep 22 01:27:56 MDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

>> How about the use of force (even deadly force) to stop or prevent
>> more
>> widespread misery (that the other guy started)?
>
> That has been tried. If the present state of the world can be used as
> evidence, I'd suggest that the verdict is that that strategy is a
> dismal
> failure.

But where's the control experiment--the world where this hasn't been
tried?

Cheers,

Tom Head
Your About.com Guide to Civil Liberties
http://civilliberty.about.com

www.About.com
About.com is Part of the New York Times Company

You can sign up for my free weekly civil liberties newsletter here:
http://civilliberty.about.com/gi/pages/mmail.htm